CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Shining like the top of the Chrsyler building!



OKAY KIDS, HOW MANY THINGS CAN YOU FIND WRONG IN THIS PICTURE??? (hint: items in picture are: pacifier, cough syrup, scrub brush, dirty diaper, and a fooder scraper offer thingie) Answer at bottom of post...

So why is it that mine and Russ's house never 'shines' unless we're expecting company?? (BTW, anyone that can name the quote this title is from wins a prize...)

I have been doing a lot of cleaning, side projects, and dejunking this week. Whenver I get in hyper-focus mode, the small details get a little overlooked. Hence, the huge health hazard I saw before my eyes yesterday morning (see above photo). I was alarmed at first when I came upon the scene, but then I just laughed and HAD to take a picture! Seriously, I have a hard time keeping up with the house with only ONE child! I SO admire all of those moms in my life who have more than one child, and some several! And to all of those moms out there who have it mastered and manage to have your house clean all the time even when unexpected visits occur...I say to you--We all know you secretly hire a maid! We are just being polite by not unveiling your secret. You know who you are. Just to keep the peace I won't mention any names...

(Answers: Oh I don't know...if the unopened cough syrup being next to the dirty diaper wasn't enough, we went ahead and threw in the pacifier, scrubber and food scraper just to make things exciting around here.)

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

Ooh Ooh --I know -- I've got it!

"Annie"!
--Mrs. Hannigan palyed by Carol Burnette. Am I first? Do I get the prize? I call some more of those fantastic sugar cookies some day (maybe with my name spelled out)--what a hit they were (along with everything else --talk about the "full meal deal."

Health Hazards, Schmealth Hazards...

Lisa said...

If I could have one magical element in my life... let my house clean itself.

I get it. I have one kid, and that one kid somehow destroys the house in minutes.

I'm scared for two.

Lindsey said...

Too funny...glad you had a good laugh about it! And congrats on becoming a mom...I want to know more about your little one! And also, for this post you get bonus points for having the presence of mind to get your camera out before you "fixed" it! And the quote is from "Annie." Oh, someone already said that. Well...it is. :)

Heather Whitworth said...

I so am calling the Heath Department on you!!!

But now you know why I call my baby "Nora the Destroya." Messes all day long.... they never end. Motherhood Rocks!

Becca said...

Darn, I missed out. I knew it was "Annie" you're the one that introduced me to that movie. :)

Paul/Heather said...

You know my house is clean but my sanity is gone. Something has to give! :)

Tanya Leigh said...

Ah, the elusive white rabbit of a clean house... *glances around* I suppose I could take a stab at it right now. ;) No worries, I actually love walking into "lived in" homes. It makes me feel normal :)

"But it's in the middle of the night..." ;)

Steph Sam Adams said...

Awesome! sounds like it's time for a movie party!!!