CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It'll all come out in the wash...


So my friend, Kimberlee just got her own place and was in need of a dryer...that's when it all started... We bought this front loader used when we were first married. It's never quite been "right". But being the thrifty couple we are, we have suffered through having to go down and stop the washer in between cycles--otherwise it just kept running. However, a couple weeks ago, our 'well-oiled machine' COMPLETELY stopped working. I cloth diaper and have several sheets to wash a week from my massage practice, so I called Russ right away and warned him that we better start looking. Luckily, our friends Heather and Dave let us do a load over there in the interim. Dave also helped Russ with the nasty mess of unhooking our old one and installing AND picking up our new one! I say "one"--but we actually got a new dryer as well...because hey! It has to match! We got a steal on both of them. The dryer was even floor model.
so that left us with an extra dryer...
(Here's the dryer...I couldn't get my pictures to go in the right order today, sorry!)

Here's Dave and Russ trashing the carpet roll that has been cramping my style in the garage for a year! WOOHOO! Good Riddens (sp?)!
So when I was at Kimberlee's the other day, I said, "so YOU'RE the reason our washer broke??"
It's interesting how things sort of have a way of working out.
(Here's the yucky mess I was referring to. )

5 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Ooo, we love those lovely household fix-up challenges. Congrats on the perty new set!!

ps. I think it's "riddance" -- yeah - no red line under it ;)

Giandrea said...

Can I mention the jealousy I feel at the thought of you and Kim hanging out at her new place without me! I miss you guys.

Emily Ruth said...

Yay for new appliances!!!

Kelly O. said...

Sus, love the post! I wish blogspot was a LITTLE more user-friendly. It definitely isn't! But anyway, to move pictures, I "highlight" the picture I want to move (it should turn blue), then cut it and paste it where I want to put it. Not sure if there's an easier way.

Karen said...

You are still in touch with Kimberlee!?! I would love to have her contact information so I can send her an announcement as well, if that is okay with her! Oh, and the rearrange pictures I usually cut and paste. Don't know why it isn't working for you?