CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

STAYCATION! Try it!

So if anybody has advice on moving pictures around to get them in a desirable order--I would love it!! I used to be able to move them, but it's not letting me anymore!!
ANYWAY! Here are some very out of order pictures of a staycation me and Russ took. It was in an effort to get us all refreshed for the 2 year overhaul we have on our hands with Russ starting his MBA program. I think it worked!

We took a whole week off and just played...yup! Here in Utah. Gracee and Russ both do much better in their own beds. =) My mom came to be a permanent babysitter for Gracee so could come and go as we pleased. It was just lovely. Russ made it so fun. Here are some of the things we did:
Fishing with Russ's cute dad!
Dinner at our favorite restaurant--Carrabbas!

On my birthday, for tradition's sake (and mine!), we did a tandem bike ride up the canyon with Gracee hooked to the back! she fell asleep on the way up! (We're making the # 29 with our fingers, if you can't tell!)
Amazing eggs and breakfast in bed from my honey! He's so good=) Look at that cut up fruit, he sure knows me!
Living Aquarium with Gracee. She really like this place!

Gracee at the stingray petting zoo. She had so much fun here!
She liked it here a lot better than the zoo because she was closer to the animals I think.
The zoo. She was pretty bored I think. A little disappointing. Next year?

We at lunch at the Lionhouse in Salt Lake.
We watched a 3-D IMAX show about bugs...it was really cool!
We went to "This is the place Monument" and Village.
We saw the new Oquirrh Mountain temple. We also ate at Sweet Tomatoes that night, yummy!
Good food and good company. That's a vacation to me. The only thing I didn't love was that I still had to do the 'household things' in order to keep my sanity when we were at home. Mom cleaned a ton--but she couldn't do it all. When we go on vacations AWAY from home, I don't have to clean at all!!! Other than that, it was to die for! We wanna do it again!

10 comments:

Christie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I think we need to do a staycation too! Congrats on your new washer and dryer and I'm glad to hear you had a great birthday tandem biking! :)

Tanya Leigh said...

Happy Birthday, Girl! What a fun way to celebrate :) I have always wanted to ride a tandem bike! ... someday.

Giandrea said...

Hmmm, staycation... i like that.

Emily Ruth said...

Awesome Sus! Ummm...so does this mean you'll never come visit your friends away from the beautiful state of Utah? I secretly wished your staycation wouldn't work out so well... ; )

Kristy said...

I just love having a vacation from home! We did that when I was pregnant with Spencer and it was so much fun. I'm glad that you guys had such a great time!

morinsqueen said...

I sure enjoyed it! Can never get enough of Gracee!

Rootbeer Floats said...

Looks like lots of fun!! Glad you won't be having a stay-cation at Thanksgiving...but vacationing at home is nice!!

AJones said...

SOunds like a great idea! Im glad you had fun.

The Taylors said...

What a fun idea - we need to do it (but not until it cools down - blast Arizona summers!) Love all your pictures - Gracee is a-dorable!

Karen said...

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog! It is fun to see what you have been up to the past little while! Gracee is completely adorable by the way! And you look great-so happy!