CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A love affair

Are you one of those people who can't go to bed with the kitchen messy? Bed unmade? Are you one of those people who has to lick your plate in order to feel satisfied? (I hope you're reading this Star!) Are you one of those people who feels incomplete unless they have vacuumed? Dusted? Do you have to have a bowl of cereal EVERY morning? Not eggs, not pancakes--it has to be cereal, otherwise you will be starved the whole morning?

I AM!!

Russ and I both have a deep love affair with cereal. It's an expensive habit! Recently we've had to get creative and start thinking of other snacks at night and for skipped meals (Russ's dilemma when I am not at home.) I am putting up a list in our cereal cupboard that says, "Wait! Is this just a snack? Have you already had cereal today? Try another option FIRST:" We have put our heads together and come up with about 10 other snacks that we could settle for--in order to reserve the cereal for breakfast. We will have to muster a lot of self-control, but as I always say, "We CAN do hard things!"

The love affair will continue--oh yes--there's no doubt about it. But perhaps it will feel more special each morning to know that I won't be able to have another bowl for at least 24 hours...

Do you have a love affair you'd like to share?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

We too have an addiction to cereal.

But our new one with the cold weather is hot chocolate with whip cream. I can't complete my day until I've had my cup o' cocoa. And it's the good stuff. We started with Swissmiss, but branched out from there.

Steph Sam Adams said...

cereal for breakfast... those were the days. now that my diet is low carb cereal is no longer the friend she once was. in the past year or so the only times I have splurged and eaten my favorite cereal (select grains or really anything that combines whole grains nuts and fruit) the experienced has been tainted by guilt and later remorse at the scale. The real zinger is my family does not enjoy these cereals the way I do, if I get a bow and have a bowl I have to witness the remainder of the bow go stale, or eat it all myself. Alas Alack

Giandrea said...

that's cute, suzie.
I think right now my love affair is coconut. We always go to the asian market and come home with 80% of our purchases including coconut... coconit soda, coconut cookies, coconut popcycles, coconut cake, coconut milk. If gian wants to surprise me he gets me a coconut treat.