CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Protest

Recently Utah decided that EVERY phone number had to have the 801 area code placed in front of it, no matter where you are dialing from. (Even if it's not long distance.) Ever since then, there has been this wave of people being "801- happy" (if you are one of these people, I still love you.) So you may be asking, "What does '801 happy' mean"? It means that when somebody tells you their number they ALWAYS say 801 before it, and they pause to let you write it down before moving on to the other, less obvious digits in their number. As if I don't know! Granted, some people have out of state cell numbers. That and ONLY that would be the time to give me your area code. If you don't give me an area code, it's pretty darn clear that you have an 801 like all the rest of us! So if you are getting a number from me and I just tell you 7 numbers...please,whatever you do, don't say, "is that 801?"

6 comments:

HeaddaMarie said...

K, I am not "801happy" BUT I must say that at times when I have gone to a store or wherever and they ask for my phone number...I give them the 7 digits...then they ask for my area code or ask if it is 801...now I just give them the full 10 digits so that I don't get annoyed at their stupidity..but that is usually the only time I do.

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

too funny but some people have 435 as there area code. Whenever I tell people our phone number and I dont say 801 they always ask if it is 801

Susie Faye said...

yes, there are 435 area codes. So if I reside in a 435 area code, I would mention the area code ONLY IF it was different from the area I was in, so the same rule applies. Belive me, I've thoroughly thought this one through! =) thanks for listening to my rants!

Emily Ruth said...

He he. Sus, you always make me laugh. i'm not sure why this reminds of some conversation we had in jr. high about star trek and deep space 9. i really don't remember it, i just know i laughed about like i did at this post. you crack me up : )
P.S. I love you for the blankets. A card is (nearly) in the mail. i just find it redundant to thank in an email and then again in snail mail, ya know? but i figured i'd better since i'm so dang slow.
epistle.
stop.

Sharon Muir said...

Yikes, you do rant!! such a side of you I seldom see.

Giandrea said...

it's totally the cell phone thing. I pretty much feel like we can't assume anymore since I think I maybe only know 1 or 2 people in all of richmond that actually have the right area code. deep breath...Let go suz... let go.