CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Quirks

This is a recent journal entry that I thought was blog-worthy. Russ said it was okay for me to share it:
March 23, 2009
So we had the pleasure of a visit from Cary Arave (sista Bingham) and her husband Nate the other night. They live in CA. We were visiting with them and Kimberlee late Saturday night. It was so funny because Russ was sharing something that he is “adamant” about and said, “that's one of the few things I am adamant about, right Sus?” I couldn't disagree more. I'm sure he regretted having asked me...I went on to explain how no, he's not adamant about anything—except for his salad dressing, he has to have something creamy, preferably ranch. In fact the other day we were all out of ranch and Caesar and all we had left were two types of vinaigrettes. Since he hadn't had a salad or any veggies for about five days, I made him a salad anyway and counted on him being a trooper about it—which he was—but not without a little disappointed 5-year-old sad face asking me if we were still out of ranch. I told him we were but that he could figure out something and rushed off to take care of Gracee, my other child. =) Oh and then there are his cereals, there are only a handful out of the hundreds of options that he likes. Honey Bunches of Oats (must be spaced apart with other types of cereals), Frosted Mini Wheats(must be spaced apart with other types of cereals), Cinnamon Toast Crunch(must be spaced apart with other types of cereals), and Waffle Crisp (which I only give to him as a rare treat since it's pure sugar.) Occasionally he'll resort to Golden Grahams or Chex, but as he is going through the box he'll be sure to let me know that “we are almost out of cereal”. Oh and then there are leftovers....he can only have them about once or twice—if I try to stretch them further—he'll mysteriously 'forget' to eat that day at lunch or 'accidentally' leave the tupperware container in the car or on his desk at work so it's ruined. (In his defense, he hasn't done this for a long time). Oh and then there are bruises on apples or bananas. I have to cut them out, or he won't eat them. Then there is his yogurt, I can't buy any kind but Yoplait with the red label, I am not allowed to buy Yoplait “light”. To make a long story shorter, he then said all of these were just food things, and I went on to explain how he is absolutely right other than refusing to wash his face at night even though he obviously should, refusal to shave more than twice a week because he “hates it”. Who loves shaving?? After I finished off with a couple of other non-food quirks, he was actually speechless, holding a cushion in front of his face and trying not to laugh but obviously had nothing to say in his defense. For the first time in our marriage I left the unconquerable witty Russ SPEECHLESS.

11 comments:

Kelly O. said...

I love this. And I love you two!

morinsqueen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
morinsqueen said...

This was AWESOME!!

Giandrea said...

Funny...that's just plain funny. A good thing to have recorded for posterity.

Tasha said...

That is so funny. I don't think I could have thought up all of those things until after the moment had passed. And I had to comment on the eating leftovers thing. Greg is the same way and I hate it, because he's the only reason I make dinner and don't eat cereal every night - so he is in charge of the leftovers.I just had him clean out the fridge-full of leftovers that he hadn't eaten and have been rotting for six or so months now so he could see how important it is to eat leftovers.

Troy said...

So maybe Russ doesn't read the comments...if so, then Susie this is Troy Robeck. I was one of Russ' companions and I have been trying FOREVER to figure out how to find him! Then I found him on the Proudfit's blog. Could you please make Russ read this comment? =)

RUSS!!!! What's up!? First, I have to say that you and Susie have a BEAUTIFUL little girl. Aren't they fun? Laura and I have two ourselves and you know as well as I do that words can't describe how wonderful they are. You should see our blog: http://therobecks.blogspot.com Anyway, what are you up to these days? I'm finishing my third year of dental school in Seattle right now, so we'll be here a bit longer but we'll probably stay in WA when I'm done.

Shoot me an email sometime...my address is trobeck@gmail.com. I'd love to hear how you're doing (but by the looks of things, I'd say quite well!).

Okay, I'm adding your blog to our list of favorites right now. Talk to me!

Jenni said...

So I am writing this from your house...thanks! I think that this is HILARIOUS by the way. Russ...you are a very passionate person. Hearing you tell stories is as good as hearing Susie tell stories which is a hard thing to do. So, I actually think that your being passionate and knowing what you want is great. And maybe I am just trying to justify being as picky about a lot of things as you are. :) I space my cereal out too.

Aileena said...

Really funny. I guess we all have things were anal about. Or will only do a certain way. For instance, Rick cannot go to bed unless the covers are perfectly straight. He has to get up and straighten all the corners. Aren't we funny about that stuff-so...what are your quirks Suzie?

Lindsey said...

What a great post. And Gracee is so, so, so, so cute, as is your new haircut. :)

Lindsey said...

PS--It all makes me miss you. :)

Micaela said...

what a great post! i love your two "kids" so much! come visit soon! love ya