CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day



These are the perplexed looks Gracee has been doing lately...

Here is a journal excerpt about my first mother's day(don't ask me why it's all underlined, I don't profess to be blogger savvy yet):

So I had the most fantastic Mother's Day ever! When I got out of the shower in the morning Russ had flowers and two cute books waiting for me on the floor, along with a really nice letter. He normally has to have tons of help from his sisters, but this time he went solo! He even traced Gracee's hand into the book that was from her, so cute. It's a Sally Deford book with illustrations that go along with some of her lyrics. Then the other book is a gardening at temple square book cuz I've been so interested in learning about gardening. The roses were all different colors. Me and Russ got to team teach a marriage lesson in young women's. Gracee took a 2 and ½ hour nap!!! (She normally take 30 min. naps, but we've been trying the cry-it-out thing during naptime and she is adjusting like a rock star!) That was her gift to me. So Russ and I got to sleep for about two hours—THE longest nap we've had since Gracee was born. We went over to Russ's family's house and enjoyed a meal and a beautiful spring afternoon. It was so peaceful. After we put Gracee down, Russ's parents came over and gave us advice on our flowers and vegetable garden. After our visit, we waved goodbye to them and turned to go inside, Russ's arm around my shoulder. I told him this is just what I always imagined family life to be like. I said THIS is what happiness is.

7 comments:

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

that is the best! What a wonderful first mothers day!! I wish you many many more.

morinsqueen said...

It sounds like a little piece of Heaven on Earth! Sorry to have missed it! I sure do love and miss you all. Cute pictures!

Micaela said...

tell russ i am proud of him! sounds perfect and i am so so happy for your sucess with the nap!!!!!!! yay!! how did it go today?

Lisa said...

You can't put a price on a 2 hour nap. Awesome!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Tanya Leigh said...

Ohhh, that is so sweet! Happy 1st Mommy's Day:)

Emily Ruth said...

I'm so glad you had a beautiful day. That first mother's day is one you'll always remember: )
Love you***
em

Paul/Heather said...

You are SO right! That is PURE JOY!
plus your a hot mama! hugs