CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Big Baby Bows...what's your vote?

So I consider myself a fairly 'hip chick', maybe that's part of my problem. Maybe I'm not even hip at all. But here's the thing--there are just some new styles out there that I simply do not understand, I just can't. Sure nightgown length undershirts look good on a lot of girls, and who knows maybe they'd look good on me...but no one is ever going to find out!


Big Baby Bows fit right into this category. I see them on my friend's babies and think they look cute...but the thought of them being part of our family's accessory options, has just never seems to quite "fit"--ya know?


So I also consider myself a fairly open-minded gal, so the other day, I ventured....







I put my cherub in one of the aforementioned bows. I fussed with it, put her in different positions, took pictures from different angles...


nope.







a BIG nope.









Something in my gut just didn't feel right about that thing perched on my sweet and perfect baby's head. It is similar to how I feel when I was FORCED into taking glamor shots with my sisters when I was 14... I knew some people might think I looked pretty and my mom has loved showing off the pictures from the photo shoot over the years (much to my dismay and embarassment)...but the truth of the matter is it just wasn't "me". I am more of a simple timeless, classic type of dresser. But what about Gracee? Is she a sheek Audrey Hepburn type like I dig or is she a Shirley Temple of sorts?


So I ask you dear readers, is it just "me" or does Gracee look as ridiculous in these Big Baby Bows as I feel like she does?

9 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

The answer is that Gracee is always adorable. Does she look more adorable in that bow? No.
Also, my vote is definitely against it. Here's why. When I wear headbands, I get the WORST headaches. I would think if i had one on that big--it would be a migrane. Just a thought...

Daisy said...

Gracee is adorable and no accessory canchange that! My vote is no on the big bows, but big flowers... I LOVE and have about 6 for Akira all in different colors! Good luck finfing her "style". But no materr what- she will always be cute in whatever she wears!

Aileena said...

Babies look cute when they are awkward-in my opinion-because they are like little ducks. Too big of heads, tiny bodies...it's priceless. But the key is, you're the Mom, and she can't make dressing decisions for herslf-so put what you like on her! Honestly, you'll never get to that for your child once they want to choose their clothes. So take advantage of this time, and put the things on her that you like.

Sara said...

I think she's cute (in the bow), but only if she doesn't seem uncomfortable! (I was picky about this with Jaina, because headbands give me headaches too...)

Kristy said...

Honestly, I can't stand big bows! Poor babies already have large noggins. Why make them look bigger with a huge bow? Plus, your baby is beautiful to begin with. Why distract from her totally cute face if you don't need to?

~aileen~jaron~ said...

maybe it is because i have two boys, but i think the bows are darling. but it has to be a cute bow, and it looks as if yours is. you want to venture into the large flowers area? BUT i do think that your sweet baby looks like a doll with the bow. My vote is Yea!

~aileen~jaron~ said...

ps- i like the bow off to the side, not straight on the top. :)

Steph Sam Adams said...

Ok that bow isn't right for her, but i prefer flowers. I, like aileen, have only been able to admire the femininity of other peoples little girls. That has lead to a firm desire to see sweet girl heads drowning in flowers. It may be that they aren't right for Gracee but that one silly bow proves nothing for me. show me some flowers and then make your arguments. by the way just for the record I have 8 men in my life of varying sizes. 9 if you count my step grandson!

Troy said...

So this is Troy's wife. We've never met. I think I've only met Russ once or twice.

Anyway...having two little girls of my own, I can definitely relate to you. I think we're similar in our style sense from what you described. Somehow those big bows definitely look better on someone else's baby, not mine. Hence, I think yours looks cute, but you'd never find one on my baby's head. However, sometimes for any baby, I think those big bows are just horrible distractions from the natural baby cuteness.

And for now, our babies have to suffer, I think, with our style sense until they can think AND choose for themselves. =) So maybe yours, and mine too, will be a shirley temple stuck with an audrey hepburn facade until she can say, "hey, mom. i want ringlets and frills!"