CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gracee Girl, how did we get so lucky?

To my Gracee girl,
Gracee. We love you. We love you. We love you! My eyes are tearing up as I begin this letter to you. You come to our home received with open arms and open hearts. Thank you so much for coming into this world and into our family. We want the best for you.









When your body came tumbling out of me, words, can’t express the way I felt. The only words that came out of my mouth over and over again were: “Are you serious!” I just couldn’t believe how big your were and that your body was inside of me and that you were ours and that we were yours! Your dad was right behind me, cradling us in his legs when they put you on my chest. We were both immediately overtaken with gratitude, love, disbelief and RELIEF! We sobbed and sobbed with you in our arms. Heavenly Father brought a beautiful, perfect baby girl. You were beautiful right from the start. You weren’t all smooshed and weird looking like most of us were as newborns. Your eyes were already big and striking. Your aunt Steph calls them “WHOO” eyes—like mine. Your lips were plump and pink. Your hair was dark and thick—especially in the back.

Let me tell you about your name. Gracee has been a name I have loved for over a decade. I always wanted to give this name to my first girl. It is only through the grace and mercy of our Savior that we are able to become better people and return to live with our Heavenly Father. This testimony is what draws me to the name “Gracee”. Your name represents the goodness of our Savior which you will be able to reflect many times throughout your life through your own actions. Also, your middle name was given to you after your Aunt Stephanie Ann. She is a very powerful, beautiful woman. She is one of God’s choicest spirits who has been through many hard trials and has clung to the spirit and has sought to know God’s will through it all. She stands for truth and goodness. She performs many acts of love and compassion and works to fulfill her roles here on earth with an honest and genuine heart. We wanted you to be her namesake because you are also a powerful daughter of God with many important missions to fulfill for our Heavenly Father. We wanted you carry her name so that you can remember what you stand for.




Just in the past few days of getting to meet you, finally feel your soft skin and the sweetness of your breath, I already love you more than words could ever find a way to express. You have now joined our family and I know you will be a powerful influence of good in the lives of many. My heart just about bursts at every thought of you, my little Gracee girl.


I love you dearly.
Your mother






4 comments:

morinsqueen said...

Beautiful, Susie.

Giandrea said...

Maybe you already know... probably from Russ' job or something but there are companies that will print your blog into beautiful hard bound books. Blurb.com is one I've heard good things about. That would be perfect for this kind of entry.

Paul/Heather said...

Hey Sus,
Let me know when I can come meet this little princess. :)

Kylee said...

she may be a blessing to you but you are certainly a blessing to her! What a blessed little angel that gets to have you guys as her parents! Congrats beautiful!