CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Confessions of a loser

Written in the front cover of my scripture journal is the heading: "The first things I'll ask when I get to heaven". The first thing on the list says I will ask where my cell phone went to that I lost back in 2007. When I lose things, Russ isn't surprised. In fact, I even lost the ipod he gave me for Christmas one year. I recently found it in a discreet pocket of one of our duffel bags--it was lost for about 3 years!!


I've also broken 2 phones, 2 cars and 2 cameras now. So we don't have a camera. I don't really deserve to have one--but we've been saving up to get one. My mom let us borrow her camera when we went to Vermont and New York to tour church history sites with the Jenny Phillip's choir group we are blessed enough to be a part of. Guess what? I lost her camera. I didn't even get the chance to take even ONE picture before I lost it!! It makes me sick. Anyway, needless to say, we replaced her camera and are once again...saving up.

Luckily, a bunch of people in our tour group took pictures so I'll be able to post them. They didn't lose or break their camera...they probably never have. It's okay, I still have other redeeming qualities.

My sister Steph and her family are in town and then I get my tonsils out the day after they leave...so if I don't post for a while, that is why.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That's a pretty severe case of losing stuff. Hopefully it's something you can laugh about most of the time.

I do wonder if you replaced your ipod during those 3 years? If you didn't, I bet it was like Christmas when you found it.

Alisha said...

Good luck! And if you need anything after your surgery, let me know!!!

morinsqueen said...

Oh, Susie I am always so sad when you lose something. Sorry I get a new camera and you still don't have one....I Love You!

Beth said...

ha, ha, ha! oh how I love you susie!

Heather Whitworth said...

Oh Suz! I still love you!!! You've never lost your brain... or Gracee... now that's saying something! :)

Giandrea said...

don't take it personally but I LAUGHED really hard outloud at this post. YOOOOUUUUU!

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

I totally lost my camera once. I lost sleep over it. We had JUST got it and it wasn't cheap. I was so mad at myself for leaving it on the couch. We searched everywhere. I offered my kids a $10 reward when it wasn't found. A few months later I was still so desperate that I offered them a $50 reward. I thought that it would motivate them to look everywhere but it didn't. A few weeks after I made that offer my son found it in the couch. And I swear we had turned that couch inside out. The worst part? Having to pay him $50.