CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mammallama

This is my mom. She's been helping us out this summer and has been letting us help her out a little too. We know she is homesick for AZ, but we're so glad to have her visit us. It's nice of the AZ family to share her with us a little these last two summers.
I was inspired my a blog post one of my friends put up about her mom's visit. Most of this visit she has been pretty sad most of the days because she is grieving the recent loss of her husband. But recently she's gotten to visit my brother's family up north a ways, we've had several more get togethers with the local grandkids, and just had a short visit from my sister Steph and her family. She has seemed more like the old mom. Lighter, easier to laugh, and more driven and energetic. I know she is still going through the grieving process, but it sure is exciting to have days where she laughs so easily.
And she catches fun little moments like this on camera, she's good at that.
And like this.
And this.
This is us with my adorable nephew Jarom when he visited. We took him to the Joseph Smith movie. We are both very touched by that movie and have a goal to go see it with Russ before she goes back.

4 comments:

Kelly O. said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Russ!! You guys look even more in love than you did on your wedding day! Hope you're doing well... I want to come bring by dinner or a Jamba or something while you're incapacitated ;)

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

I miss you guys! I love your blog.
Tami Warner

Lisa said...

That's great that she has so much family to be there during this time.

And llama just goes with mama. It's natural.

morinsqueen said...

Sure will miss you guys when I go homein a couple of weeks.